Friday, October 8, 2010

invasion of the......?????

the other week, mid-September I think, eric had gone out of town for a couple of days. I think it's part of Murphy's law that whenever the hudband is out of town that something has to go wring- something where you need a man around!!!!

Lucas and I had been minding our own business one night before we knew what that night would have in store for us. I had already fed Lucas at the kitchen table, per our normal routine and then we'd gone into the living room for him to play. I dont recall now why he'd crawled into the kitchen....but I went to get him and he was reaching for something under the cabinet ledge....it looked like a little worm! It was stuck in a little cobb web. and I thought well, that's weird. But somehow my attention was diverted and everywhere I looked were these little white wormy things. I was in shock. I couldnt believe it. We'd been in there all evening eating and walking and never noticed them! they blended right into our kitchen flooring. I still dont know how long they were there before I found them. But I think we finally figured out the following day when the extrerminator came out that the came from my potatoes. He called them potato weavils. Not sure how to spell that. I had assumed they were maggots b/c I didnt know any different. But he said they were way too big and had legs. I am still amazed, almost 3 weeks later that this happened. From potatos!!! It's disgusting!!! they didnt smell, they didnt have sprouts growing so it had never crossed my mind it could be therm....and I had thrown then away a few days before I found these little critters. OMG...I'm still getting the creepy crawlies just talking ab it!!!

I couldnt find a good pic of one online to show you....and you're proabably thankful. And I didnt take any pics that night b/c I was frantically sweeping them up and getting them out of the house and mopping.

I hope no one else has to go through that. ICK!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I figured out what where our bugs were coming from! It was a cooler in the garage... how nasty.... I zipped it up and put it outside... that was like 2 weeks ago. I opened it yesterday and things were still flying out. I guess they never die. That is a Greg project.